A record number of teens, more than 60, along with almost a dozen adult community members, attended the first meeting of the RVC Youth Council, Inc., which was held on Tuesday, September 20 at 7:30 PM at the RVC Recreation Center. The teens in attendance were from South Side High School, and from regional Catholic schools, including Kellenberg Memorial High School. The new co-Presidents, South Side Seniors Ryan Martirano and Paige Pusateri ran the agenda, covering topics as diverse as substance abuse awareness to substance free teen events planned for the year. A special appearance was made by N.Y. State Senator Todd Kaminsky, who talked about the scourge of heroin abuse among the youth of Long Island. Members of the local Lions Club, RVC Chamber, PTA and members of the NY State National Guard Counter Drug Task Force participated in the meeting, and RVC Police Youth Officer Nick DeLuca was also in attendance. Adult Board Chair Andrea Connolly, and RVC Youth Council Board members Lana Glass and Jeff DiLuccio also provided support. Coalition Youth Sector Representative Chelsea Connolly, a SSHS Senior, and the Coalition Program Director, Jeanne Mulry, and Project Coordinator, Ruthanne McCormack were also in attendance. The RVC Youth Council, Inc., a NY State not for profit corporation is the fiscal agent for the Rockville Centre Coalition for Youth.
Recent News & Articles
- There Is Help for Those Struggling with Substance Use and Mental Illness
- Take A Look At Our New Billboard
- Rockville Centre Coalition for Youth tackles the Continued Sale of Flavored JUUL Pods
- Stephen Hill – A Journey To Recovery – Parent/Student Presentation – November 27th 7:00-8:30 pm at South Side High School
- 7th Annual Rockville Centre Schools Family Fun Fitness Fair Promotes Living a Healthy Substance Free Lifestyle